2023 OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOW! OPEN ENROLLMENT WILL RUN FROM OCTOBER 1 TO OCTOBER 31, 2022 FOR CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT JANUARY 1, 2023.
Each year our medical, dental and vision insurance carriers provide a time period when employees are invited to change their enrollment status without having to meet the criteria of a Qualifying Event. This time period is called “open enrollment.” This year, open enrollment will run from October 1 until October 31, 2022 for changes to take effect January 1, 2023. You can learn more about open enrollment by clicking here to read our annual mailer.
As a City of Lock Haven permanent part-time and full time employee, regular and supplemental insurance options are available to you and details are accessible below. If you have no need to make a change, there is nothing you need to do , aside from Vision coverage. All employees wishing to have vision coverage need to fill out the Universal Benefit Form. This applies even to employees who had Eye Med in 2022.
Starting January 2023, Eye Med will no longer be offered to the City of Lock Haven. Davis Vision will be our new provider. Much like our healthcare, they have a monthly 2-tier rate for individual or family. (No pricing for individual and child, or individual and spouse. Those options now fall under family)
For your convenience, I’m including a copy of information for Davis Vision. Open enrollment for 2023 will take place October 1st through the 31st. Even if you currently have vision coverage, you will need to fill out a new application.
The options available for you to consider (if not already enrolled) are listed below. For coverage to begin January 1, 2023, deductions for premiums will begin on December 2, 2022:
- Highmark PPO Health Enrollment & Change Form (Full-time only). The same form is used to make changes to your United Concordia Dental Insurance (Full-time only)
- AllState Accident Insurance info sheet (Similar to AFLAC, provides benefits paid directly to you that correspond with treatment for on- and off-the-job accidental injuries) (Full-time and Part-time)
- Companion Life Voluntary Short-term Disability Insurance rate sheet. (Full-time and Part-time). Short-term Disability application
Remember, this is an opportunity for you to make benefit changes without having to meet the criteria of a Qualifying Event or life status change. Life status changes can be made anytime during the year. Expecting a new addition to your family? Please keep in mind that newborns must be added within 30 days of birth (social security number is not required to arrive prior to adding your newborn to insurance).
After you review the information provided, you decide to enroll in a new program or have any questions, please contact Administrative Secretary Wendi Spicher, and complete the required enrollment forms by October 31, 2022. If you make changes or signup for new coverage, the change and coverage will become effective January 1, 2023. If you have any questions during the process of deciding to add or alter a coverage, contact email@example.com or by phone at (570) 893-5901.
Highmark is committed to helping self-funded customers comply with this new rule and will create and publish the MRFs on your behalf. Highmark will make this information available through the link: https://mrfdata.hmhs.com (which will be activated on 7/1/2022).
Information will be updated monthly. The detailed pricing information must include:
- In-Network Rates for all covered in-network items and services
- Out-of-Network historical rates for all covered items, services and prescription drugs
- In-Network negotiated rates and historical net prices for all covered prescription drugs by plan at the pharmacy location level. This prescription drug information has been delayed pending additional rules.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.