2022 OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOW! OPEN ENROLLMENT WILL RUN FROM OCTOBER 1 TO OCTOBER 31, 2021 FOR CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT JANUARY 1, 2022.
Each year our medical, dental and vision insurance carriers provide a time period when employees are invited to change their enrollment status without having to meet the criteria of a Qualifying Event. This time period is called “open enrollment.” This year, open enrollment will run from October 1 until October 31, 2021 for changes to take effect January 1, 2022. You can learn more about open enrollment by clicking here to read our annual mailer.
As a City of Lock Haven permanent part-time and full time employee, regular and supplemental insurance options are available to you and details are accessible below. If you have no need to make a change, there is nothing you need to do.
The options available for you to consider (if not already enrolled) are listed below. For coverage to begin January 1, 2022, deductions for premiums will begin on December 3, 2021:
- Highmark PPO Health Enrollment & Change Form (Full-time only). The same form is used to make changes to your United Concordia Dental Insurance (Full-time only)
- EyeMed Vision Insurance info sheet (to begin coverage if not already participating or to add a family member) (Full-time and Part-time). EyeMed Vision Insurance application
- AllState Accident Insurance info sheet (Similar to AFLAC, provides benefits paid directly to you that correspond with treatment for on- and off-the-job accidental injuries) (Full-time and Part-time)
- Companion Life Voluntary Short-term Disability Insurance rate sheet. (Full-time and Part-time). Short-term Disability application
- AllState Cancer Insurance info sheet (Benefits paid in addition to any other insurance coverage for cancer and 20 other specified diseases) (Full-time and Part-time). AllState Cancer Insurance rate sheet.
Remember, this is an opportunity for you to make benefit changes without having to meet the criteria of a Qualifying Event or life status change. Life status changes can be made anytime during the year. Expecting a new addition to your family? Please keep in mind that newborns must be added within 30 days of birth (social security number is not required to arrive prior to adding your newborn to insurance).
After you review the information provided, you decide to enroll in a new program or have any questions, please contact Administrative Secretary Wendi Spicher, and complete the required enrollment forms by October 31, 2021. If you make changes or signup for new coverage, the change and coverage will become effective January 1, 2022. If you have any questions during the process of deciding to add or alter a coverage, contact email@example.com or by phone at (570) 893-5901.