Sidewalk Grant/Loan Coordinator: (570) 893-5903
The City offers a loan up to $3,000 to pay the cost of repairing sidewalks for qualified homeowners. Property owners having a corner property may be eligible to receive an additional $3,000 loan. Property owners that must remove a tree will be eligible to receive up to $500 or 50% the cost of the sidewalk replacement, whichever is greater. The combined cost of the sidewalk repair and tree removal cannot exceed $3500. If the price quotes exceed the funding provided by the City, the property owner will be responsible for paying the difference.
- Grants for sidewalk repairs are available to qualifying low income single family, owner-occupied homeowners funded the city’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. Should the cost of the sidewalk repair exceed the grant amount, the homeowner may be eligible to receive a city-funded loan. More info (click here).
- Loans for sidewalk repairs are available to qualifying property owners of single and multi-family rental units and mixed use commercial properties containing rental housing units. Loans have an interest rate of 2.82%. More info (click here).
All participating homeowners must select a contractor from a list of contractors pre-qualified by the city to do the work. Property owners are not allowed to do their own work.
If you are a property owner in the city interested in the sidewalk grant/loan program, please complete the following and submit them to the address indicated on the application:
- 1. Each participant must first fill out the Sidewalk Repair Prequalification form.
- 2A. If you are the property owner and also reside at the property (the one you want to participate is your primary residence), Please submit the Homeowner Sidewalk Application.
- 2B. If you own the property you want to participate with, but you do not reside at the property, you may still qualify. Please submit the Rental Property Sidewalk Application.
Contractors: If you are a contractor interested in performing work through the program, please submit the Sidewalk Contractor Pre-Qualification Form.