Playgrounds & Sports Parks
- Hammermill Park: 2-acres straddling S Summit and Linden Streets with a pavilion and play area. SUMMER RECREATION PROGRAM SITE
- George Shade Field: little league ball field
- Hanna Park: A 6.5-acre park featuring basketball and tennis courts, a play area, three pavilions and restrooms open dawn to dusk.
- Hoberman Park: A 5-acre site featuring a ball field, two ADA accessible play areas, picnic pavilion, tennis and basketball courts and a skate park. Restrooms open during ball games only. SUMMER RECREATION PROGRAM SITE
- Peddie Park 10-acres of softball fields and a soccer field surrounded by 60-acres of riverside woodland
- Piper-Harmon Park: 1/10th of an acre community playground with ADA-compliant play area. SUMMER RECREATION PROGRAM SITE
- Frank L. Taggart Park: 1.75-acres featuring two ball fields and concessions with restrooms open during ball games only.
- Canal Park: A lamp lit 1.25-acre walk from Church Street to Water Street on the site of the West Branch of the Pennsylvania Canal featuring the original canal lock for which Lock Haven is named.
- Memorial Park: A 5-acre green space at the eastern end of the city featuring a small pavilion and parking for the Clinger Riverwalk.
- Triangle Park: The point of Main & Bellefonte Avenue featuring a gazebo and fountain, this park serves as the site of the Friday night Summer Concert Series and the Summer Movies in the Park.
- Veterans Park: a half-acre tribute to those who gave a full measure. Property: LHAFPA
- Zindel Park: The gateway to the Lock Haven City Authority’s watershed which supplies the potable water to the City of Lock Haven and surrounding communities. Property: LHCA
The City’s beach on the Susquehanna River is open throughout the summer season Monday-Sunday from Noon to 8PM (June 17-August 18). Restrooms are available during beach hours. Property: LHAFPA
A 2.5-mile paved walkway on the Levee extending from Lock Haven University to Memorial Park with beautiful river views, cool breezes and the Corman Amphitheatre and floating stage. The Amphitheatre serves as the site of the Sunday night Summer Concert Series. Property: LHAFPA
Property/Park Use Form is required for all events on parks & recreation property. All request forms require the approval of the City of Lock Haven City Council. Use of Zindel Park and its watershed also require approval of the LHCA (Lock Haven City Authority). Use of Lock Haven LHAFPA (Area Flood Protection Authority) property may also require the approval of that governing body. Property/Park Use Form can be used to apply for all approvals necessary.