Playgrounds & Sports Parks
- Hammermill Park: Deeded to the city in 1948 from New York and Pennsylvania Papermill, it became Hammermill Park in 1965 when Hammermill Paper Company purchased New York and Pennsylvania Paper Mill. Today its 2-acres sit between S Summit and Linden Streets, and provide a pavilion and play area. Hammermill Park is a part of the Summer Recreation Program.
- George Shade Field: Little League Ball Field located at Pearl and Linden Street.
- Hanna Park: Originally named Price Park and renamed after the Hanna family, the park was deeded to the City of Lock Haven in 1948 from New York Central Railroad. Today the 6.5-acre park features basketball and tennis courts, a play area, three pavilions, a river look-out, and restrooms open dawn to dusk.
- Hoberman Park: Deeded from the Hoberman Family in 1938, this 5-acre site located at Park and Prospect Streets features a ball field, two ADA accessible play areas, a picnic pavilion, tennis and basketball courts, and a skate park. Restrooms open during ball games only. Hoberman Park is a part of the Summer Recreation Program.
- Peddie Park: Purchased from the Bickford Family in 1964, the 10-acres of softball fields and a soccer field are surrounded by 60-acres of riverside woodland.
- Piper-Harmon Park: While the original playground was located on three different sites dating back to 1928, the park was acquired as part of the flood protection project in 1993. Named after the Piper Airport and Harmon Foundation, this park features 1/10th of an acre community playground with ADA-compliant play area. Piper-Harmon Park is a part of the Summer Recreation Program.
- Frank L. Taggart Park: Named after Lock Haven’s first city manager, the park was deeded to the City in 1954 from Beech Creek Railroad. Its 1.75-acres features two ball fields and concessions with restrooms open during ball games only.
- Canal Park: A lamp lit 1.25-acre walk from Church Street to Water Street on the site of the West Branch of the Pennsylvania Canal featuring the original canal lock for which Lock Haven is named. Canal Park was deeded to the City in 1937 from the Lock Haven Civic Club.
- Memorial Park: This 5-acre green space at the eastern end of the city was developed shortly after WWI and deeded to the City in 1976 by the American Legion. It features a small pavilion and parking for the Clinger Riverwalk.
- Triangle Park: The point of Main & Bellefonte Avenue featuring a gazebo and fountain, this park serves as the site of the Friday night Summer Concert Series and the Summer Movies in the Park.
- Veterans Park: This half-acre park located across the street from the Clinton County Courthouse is a tribute to those who gave a full measure. Property: LHAFPA
- Zindel Park: The gateway to the Lock Haven City Authority’s watershed which supplies the potable water to the City of Lock Haven and surrounding communities. Property: LHCA
The City’s beach on the Susquehanna River is open throughout the summer season Monday-Sunday from Noon to 8PM (June 17-August 18). Restrooms are available during beach hours. Property: LHAFPA
A 2.5-mile paved walkway on the Levee extending from Lock Haven University to Memorial Park with beautiful river views, cool breezes and the Corman Amphitheatre and floating stage. The Amphitheatre serves as the site of the Sunday night Summer Concert Series. Property: LHAFPA
Property/Park Use Form is required for all events on parks & recreation property. All request forms require the approval of the City of Lock Haven City Council. Use of Zindel Park and its watershed also require approval of the LHCA (Lock Haven City Authority). Use of Lock Haven LHAFPA (Area Flood Protection Authority) property may also require the approval of that governing body. Property/Park Use Form can be used to apply for all approvals necessary.