Construction, placement of fill, and permanent structures in the levee easement area.
The following criteria will define any usage of levee easement lands in Woodward Township:
- There will be no structures constructed for human habitation.
- No structures with vertical walls, which may impede the flow of water, are to be constructed in the flowage easement area unless these structures are elevated above the design water surface elevation. Structures that are permitted in the easement area must be open on all sides, to include foundations and supports for elevated structures.
- Any proposed structures to be constructed and any excavation or placement of fill in the easement area must first be approved.
- Temporary structures (such as temporary fencing or sheds) must also be approved before being placed within the easement area.
The levee easement areas are marked in green on the attached maps:
- Application to Woodward Township (86 Riverside Terrace, Lock Haven, PA 17745, 570-748-6871, ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) which will ensure your request meets with their zoning and building codes. Once approved, Woodward Township will provide you approval documentation to forward to the Lock Haven Area Flood Protection Authority.
- Application to the Lock Haven Area Flood Protection Authority (20 E Church Street, Lock Haven, PA 17745, 570-893-5907, email@example.com). Once approved, the Flood Authority will forward copies of pertinent approvals from Woodward Township along with a letter stating approval by the LHAFPA to the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
- The US Army Corps of Engineers will consider your request and review the project submitted on your behalf by the LHAFPA. If approved, the USACE will send a letter to the LHAFPA stating approval and any conditions that they may have placed on the project.
- Provide Woodward Township a copy of your approval from the USACE and arrange and final details with their office prior to beginning your project.