The City of Lock Haven Fire Department is made up of three volunteer companies:
- Co. No. 1: Hand-in-Hand Hose Company, and
- Co. No. 2: Hope Hose Company
- Co. No. 5: Citizens Hose Company
The Fire Department relies heavily on the support of volunteers who make up 80% of the workforce. The city also employs 9 fire personnel (3 full-time and 6 part-time drivers) who provide manpower at each station from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. 7 days a week. On-call fire personnel cover the remaining hours. This system provides for a rapid response to any and all emergencies in the city at anytime of the day or night.
The City of Lock Haven Fire Department is administered by
- Fire Chief Norm Wolfrom
- Deputy Fire Chief Bob Neff
- Assistant Fire Chief Will Harber
- Hand-in-Hand Cpt. Jacob Neff
- Hope Cpt. Tyler Wooding
- Citizens Cpt. Joe Sanders
The Fire Department Advisory Board helps this leadership accomplish their goals of public safety.