The City of Lock Haven is following public health advice to take precautionary measure to limit the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus SARS-CoV-2). Balancing health and well-being with public service, the City strongly recommends social distancing as one of the most important tools to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Below is some guidance for members of the public when interacting with City facilities and employees to consider as this national public health emergency develops.
Can I come to City Hall? City Hall is open by appointment only. Use the contact information below to request an appointment. If you are unable to wear a mask because of medical reasons, an accommodation will be made for you through email, US mail or other electronic means. City Hall will be open for appointments from 8:30-12:00 and 1:00-4:30.
- Airport: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billing Questions: email@example.com
- Building Permits: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial Loans: email@example.com
- Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources: HR@lockhavenpa.gov
- Info Systems: GIS@lockhavenpa.gov
- Levee & Flood: email@example.com
- Parking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parks: email@example.com
- Police: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Works: email@example.com
- Recreation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right-to-Know: email@example.com
- Sewer Dept: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Streets & Stormwater: email@example.com
- Water lines & dams: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoning: email@example.com
- City Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LH City Authority: email@example.com
- Flood Authority: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Redevelopment Auth.: LHRA@lockhavenpa.gov
Do I still need to pay my water/sewer bill or parking ticket by the due date? Yes. In order to limit exposure to both our customers and our employees, the City strongly encourages the use of online payment options for water/sewer bills and for parking tickets, and email for all other requests. If you are not able to use online resources, we would encourage using US mail to submit your payment or use the drop box located in the entryway of City Hall.
What if I can’t pay my water/sewer bill in full or on time? Contact the utility billing office as soon as possible to arrange a payment plan by emailing email@example.com to discuss payment options. Beginning July 1, 2020, the city will begin charging penalty fees and interest on the unpaid water & sewer bills. If you have unpaid balances on your water & sewer bill, you are strongly encouraged to SET UP A PAYMENT PLAN NOW. Keep in mind, the city already paid for the water you used and for treating the sewer so your bill is reimbursing the city for these costs. So arranging for a payment plan can help to keep you on track before you get too far behind.
Do I still have to pay my real estate taxes? Yes. Real estate taxes are due as stated on your bill. Please keep in mind that the city uses these funds to pay our vendors, many of which are small businesses and local businesses who need paid for their goods and services so that they can take care of their families too. City taxes also pay the electric bill to keep street lights on, traffic lights functioning and pay the dedicated first-responders still reporting to work to keep us safe.
How do I report a public works issue? A small crew of Public Works employees have been assigned to cover each week. With this limited crew, the public should expect a reduction in response time to non-emergency public works concerns. The City strongly encourages the use of our smartphone MyCivic app “Lock Haven City” to submit requests for service (like potholes or streetlights) or to use email for requests. This app is available in both Android and Apple stores for free download. As always, if you have a water or sewer leak, customers are requested to call the County Communications Center at 570-748-2936.
Can I visit other City buildings? City employees have been directed to only permit current employees, approved subcontractors and emergency services to access the Wastewater Treatment Plant at 20 S Hanna Street. To arrange an appointment, call (570) 893-5917. Those with business at the Piper Memorial Airport are requested to use the same recommendation of social distancing and those using the facility for essential travel and work are encouraged to follow the Centers for Disease Control and PA Department of Health guidelines of how to prevent illness while traveling.
Will City Council meet? At this time, City Council has rescheduled its regular in-person meetings and will meet by broadcast video conference. In order to limit exposure to both members of the public and the City’s elected officials and employees, members of the public interested in the proceedings of City Council who do not have comments are encouraged to watch the meetings online live through our streaming service. Members of the public who do have comments they wish to share with City Council can always do so via email. The email addresses of members of City Council and administrative staff are available on our website directory. Under the Emergency declaration, Council is enabled to meet by video conference to addressing pressing business that cannot wait.
Will committees meet? All meetings of authorities, boards, committees and encouraged to meet through video conference where able. If an authority, board or committee needs to meet in-person, they must do so by abiding by social distancing, unvaccinated participants must wear masks and disinfecting hands and other shared surfaces should continue. A maximum of 20 participants may safely be in Council Chambers at one time.
Can I still go to the parks? All play equipment and courts are open but the public is cautioned that these facilities are not sanitized by the city.
Information about the City’s Declaration of Emergency:
View the September 21, 2020 Proclamation of the declaration of the extension of the State of Emergency for the City of Lock Haven.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health is responsible for infectious disease emergency planning and response in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to try to identify possible cases and work to prevent the spread.
The best way to reduce your risk of becoming infected with, or spreading, COVID-19 (coronavirus SARS-CoV-2) is to practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Try to stay away from people who are visibly sick
- Everyone should always cover their coughs and sneezes using a tissue or the crook of their elbow; wash your hands after using a tissue to wipe your nose or mouth
- People who are sick should stay home from work or school until they are well
COVID-19 Relief Program for ASO Customers
The City has been notified of the following agreement with Highmark which is available to the City residents. Under this temporary program, cost-sharing associated with physician-ordered diagnostic testing for novel coronavirus will be waived for all fully insured members. Highmark will also default all members, including High Deductible Health Plan members, as recipients of this cost-sharing relief.
You can also find information at the following links:
- 485 – 03/11/20 – UPD – Updated: COVID-19 Specimen Collection and Shipping Guidance
- Businesses fact sheet update
- COVID-19 Testing in Pennsylvania table (see table below)
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of COVID-19 in nursing homesOpens In A New Window
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of COVID-19 in dialysis facilitiesOpens In A New Window
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention Concerning COVID-19 in Home Health AgenciesOpens In A New Window
- Guidance for use of Certain Industrial Respirators by Health Care PersonnelOpens In A New Window
- Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communitieswith Local COVID-19 TransmissionOpens In A New Window
- DOH COVID-19 press releases
- Daily COVID-19 report (updated every evening)