2017 Open Enrollment
Each year our medical, dental and vision insurance carriers provide a time period when employees are permitted to change their enrollment status without having to have a qualified reason. This time period is called “open enrollment.” This year, open enrollment will run from until October 31, 2016.
Your annual open enrollment packet is now available online and provides regular and supplemental insurance options available to you as an employee of the City of Lock Haven. If you have no need to make a change, there is nothing you need to do. You may access the open enrollment packet below. We also have provided a Glossary of Health Terms to help you with the process as well as an annual notice in addition to the program information provided below.
The options available for you to consider (if not already enrolled) are:
- Highmark PPO Health Enrollment & Change Form (Full-time only)
- Highmark PPO Blue Coverage Document (Full-time only)
- Get your Flu Shot!
- Get your Shingles Vaccine
- United Concordia Dental Insurance (Full-time only – automatically when you complete the BlueCare PPO Enrollment & Change form above)
- EyeMed Vision Insurance application (to begin coverage if not already participating or to add a family member) (Full-time and Part-time). EyeMed Vision Insurance outline of coverage
- Take Care Wage Works Flex Spending Account (provides a deduction from your payroll to be held and used by you for health expenses)
- AllState Accident Insurance (Similar to AFLAC, provides benefits paid directly to you that correspond with treatment for on- and off-the-job accidental injuries) (Full-time and Part-time)
- AllState Disability Insurance (pays the difference between wages and workers compensation) (Full-time and Part-time)
- AllState Cancer Insurance (Benefits paid in addition to any other insurance coverage for cancer and 20 other specified diseases) (Full-time and Part-time)
- AllState Supplemental Health Options Policy (SHOP) (Benefit paid directly to you when hospitalized or when undergoing ambulatory surgery) (Full-time and Part-time)
- Allstate Universal Life Insurance (in addition to your city-provided Madison Life Insurance) (Full-time and Part-time)
Remember, this is an opportunity for you to make a benefit change without having to meet one of the life status qualifying events (like marriage or the birth/adoption of a child). Life status changes can be made anytime during the year, although newborns must be added within 30 days of birth (social security number is not required to arrive prior to adding your newborn to insurance).
All employees have a complimentary access to ConnectCare to help you with your healthcare decisions. Get in touch with your personal healthcare advocate at ConnectCare3
After you review the information provided, you decide to enroll in a new program, please contact Payroll Clerk Wenda Butler and completed the required enrollment forms by October 31, 2016. If you make changes or signup for new coverage, they will become effective January 1, 2017. If you have any questions during the process of deciding to add or alter a coverage, contact Wenda at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (570) 893-5621.